Stress is an inherent part of life and almost 20% of adults will experience significant problems with anxiety or depression. Issues such as relationship problems, parenting, career concerns, or change and loss can all contribute to difficulties managing our mood and functioning.
Many people also struggle with a general sense of dissatisfaction about their lives and seek guidance in determining what will make them feel more fulfilled. Counseling can assist you with understanding your particular needs and strengths, help you to feel less confused and overwhelmed, and teach you how to approach challenges in a more proactive and productive way.
I can help you:
- Understand patterns in how you think, feel, and behave
- Identify what triggers symptoms and changes in functioning
- Develop new coping skills and tools to better manage your mood, stress, and problematic ways of thinking
- Explore and improve your relationships
- Understand the impact of your personal history
- Improve how you make decisions, problem-solve, and manage conflict
- Maximize your strengths and boost self-esteem
- Gain a sense of direction and control over your life
- Coordinate your care with a psychiatrist if medication is indicated