Life can feel overwhelming and be stressful for all of us. Issues such as relationship problems, low self-esteem, negative thinking patterns, loneliness, change, loss, parenting struggles, addiction, and difficulty at work are all challenging at times to manage.
Anxiety and depression is also very common, effecting up to half of all adults at some point in their lives. Fortunately, it is very treatable with counseling and/or medication.
Many people also struggle with a general sense of dissatisfaction about their lives and seek guidance in determining what will make them feel more fulfilled. Counseling can assist you with understanding your particular needs and strengths, the barriers that inhibit change, and help you to feel less confused and overwhelmed. It can teach you how to approach challenges in a more proactive and productive way. Therapy encompasses much more than just processing emotions and can facilitate concrete problem-solving action.
I can help you:
- Understand patterns in how you think, feel, and behave
- Better manage negative thinking and focus on the positive
- Identify what triggers symptoms and changes in functioning
- Develop new coping skills and tools to better manage your mood, stress, and problematic ways of thinking
- Address the use of alcohol and/or drugs
- Explore and improve your relationships and support system
- Understand the impact of your personal history
- Improve how you make decisions, problem-solve, and manage conflict
- Maximize your strengths and boost self-esteem
- Gain a sense of direction and control over your life
- Coordinate your care with a psychiatrist if medication is indicated