Life can be stressful for all of us. Issues such as relationship problems, low self-esteem, negative thinking, loneliness, change, loss, parenting, alcohol or drug use, and difficulty at work are challenging to manage. Anxiety and depression is also very common, effecting up to 25% of adults and rising every year.
Many people also struggle with a general sense of dissatisfaction about their lives and seek guidance in determining what will make them feel more fulfilled. Counseling can assist you with understanding your particular needs and strengths, help you to feel less confused and overwhelmed, and teach you how to approach challenges in a more proactive and productive way.
I can help you:
- Understand patterns in how you think, feel, and behave
- Better manage negative thinking and focus on the positive
- Identify what triggers symptoms and changes in functioning
- Develop new coping skills and tools to better manage your mood, stress, and problematic ways of thinking
- Address the use of alcohol and/or drugs
- Explore and improve your relationships and support system
- Understand the impact of your personal history
- Improve how you make decisions, problem-solve, and manage conflict
- Maximize your strengths and boost self-esteem
- Gain a sense of direction and control over your life
- Coordinate your care with a psychiatrist if medication is indicated